Types Of Stamps On Gold

There are several types of stamps on gold such as; 10k, 14k, 18k, 24k (ie: pure), and a few less common ones in between. It can be complicated to remember each ones purity of Gold. But don’t worry we are here to help.


10k Gold

10k stamped gold is only 41.7% pure gold. It is the cheapest yet most durable form of gold used in most jewelry today. The remaining 58.3% is made up of alloy. So be aware of the alloy if you tend to be sensitive and easily irritated by wearing alloys.

14k Gold

14k stamped gold is 58.3% pure gold, with the remaining 41.7% being made up of alloy. 14k gold tends to be the most used by jewelry because of its balance between durability and appearance all while being reasonably priced.

18k Gold

18k stamped gold is 75% pure gold and 25% alloy. 18k gold tends to be one of the least common purities as it is more expensive, doesn’t provide durability over 14k and visually is only slightly more yellow than 14k gold. The plus side is if you do have allergic reactions to 10k or 14k, because of the alloy, you will most likely not have irritations wearing 18k gold.

24k Gold

24k gold is pure gold with no alloy mixed in with it. Being the most expensive it offers a very vibrant yellow color that looks incredible. While not as popular in the U.S. it is very popular in other parts of the world such as Chine, India, and other Asian countries. And remember that pure gold is very soft. Jewelry made from 24k is very rare but be sure to keep that in mind if purchasing any made out of 24k gold as it can bend very easily.


Buy & Sell – Always Confidential

At Barry’s Pawn, we make selling your gold simple. We offer the best prices available to help you when you need the money the most. Securely turn your gold and silver items into cash today by visiting our location in Boca Raton, Florida.

    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop